LIFEWAY RETIREE FELLOWSHIP
Article I: NAME
The official name of this organization shall be LIFEWAY RETIREE FELLOWSHIP and may be referred to as “The Fellowship.”
Article II: PURPOSE
The purpose of this organization shall be to provide regular opportunities for fellowship among the membership; to encourage members to continue to be creative, productive, useful, and caring in their families, community, church, and denomination; and to keep alive their love, concern, and support of the mission of LifeWay Christian Resources.
Article III: MEMBERSHIP
- Any person who is a retiree of LifeWay Christian Resources automatically becomes a member.
- The spouse of a retired employee or of a deceased retired employee may be a member.
Article IV: FINANCES
- Annual dues per member are set by the Executive Committee.
- Dues are payable at the first meeting of the year or may be mailed to the Treasurer.
Article V: OFFICERS
Section 1 –ELECTION
- The officers shall be President, President-elect; Event Associate, Hospitality Associate, Membership Associate, Treasurer, Secretary, Historian, Music Leaders, Email Associate, and Website Associate.
- The officers shall be nominated by the Nominating Committee.
- The President and the President-Elect shall be elected for two consecutive calendar year terms. The other officers shall be elected on a one-year basis with annual invitations to continue serving if appropriate.
- The officers shall be elected by a majority vote of those in attendance at the September meeting of the year and assume their duties on January 1.
Section 2 –DUTIES
- The President shall be responsible for planning, coordinating, and conducting the work of the organization including the approved activities; preside at all organizational functions; appoint a Nominating Committee and designate a chairperson at the second meeting of the year. The president, after completing his/her term of office, shall serve for two years as an advisor to the Executive Committee at the request of the sitting President.
- The President-Elect shall assist the President in planning, coordinating, and conducting the work of the organization and assume other duties assigned by the President; preside at any meeting in the absence of the President; and serve as President after serving as President-Elect for two years.
- The Hospitality Associate shall assist the President in proposing and planning approved activities and serve as a lead greeter, maintaining name tags, and coordinating the door prizes during meetings.
- The Membership Associate shall maintain an up to date retiree roll, mail new retiree letters, and assist in special functions.
- The Treasurer shall facilitate the annual budget development and maintenance, solicit, receive, and deposit all funds of the organization, and make financial reports to the Executive Committee and at the meetings of The Fellowship.
- The Secretary shall record the minutes of the Fellowship and Executive Committee meetings and perform other secretarial duties as requested by the President.
- The Historian shall keep a record of the major events and scheduled activities including appropriate photographs and materials shared in the meetings which document the fulfillment of the purposes of the Fellowship.
- The Music Leaders shall jointly plan and conduct the music activities of the Fellowship in keeping with the theme and purpose of the meetings.
- The Email Associate coordinates the email production and distribution as well as maintains the email mailing list. Email features death notices, new retirees, meeting announcements, and LifeWay announcements.
- The Website Associate serves as The Fellowship web master. Updates are made when appropriate for meeting announcements, death notices, “remember when” stories, new members list, and information of interest to LifeWay retirees.
Article VI: MEETINGS
Meetings of the Fellowship shall be held each year at times and places determined by the Executive Committee.
Article VII: RELATIONSHIPS
The Fellowship shall work in harmony with the objectives of LifeWay Christian Resources, and the activities shall be coordinated with designated officials of that organization.
Article VIII: COMMITTEES
Section 1 -EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The Executive Committee shall consist of the officers and the immediate past President., The Executive Committee shall meet quarterly or as deemed necessary by the President.
Section 2 -NOMINATING COMMITTEE
- The Nominating Committee shall consist of three members appointed by the President. The President and the President-elect shall serve as ex-officio members.
- The Nominating Committee shall present the names of the nominees for election at the September meeting. Opportunity shall be given for additional nominations from the floor.
Article IX: AMENDMENTS
This Constitution may be amended at any meeting of The Fellowship provided the proposed changes have been submitted in writing to the President and to the Executive Committee. The proposed changes shall be published and distributed to the members at the meeting. Such amendments must be approved by a majority of the members present and voting.
- The original Constitution was adopted September 22, 1989.
- First revision adopted September 9, 1994.
- Second revision adopted March 12, 1999.
- Third revision adopted September 6, 2002.
- Fourth revision adopted September 10, 2004
- Fifth revision adopted September 7, 2007
- Sixth revision adopted September 11, 2009
- Seventh revision adopted September 13, 2013
- Eighth revision adopted September 9, 2016
- Ninth revision adopted September 6, 2109
- Tenth revision adopted December 31, 2020
Download a pdf of the LifeWay Retiree Fellowship Constitution (Dec. 2020).