The purpose of this organization shall be to provide regular opportunities for fellowship among the membership; to encourage members to continue to be creative, productive, useful, and caring in their families, community, church, and denomination; and to keep alive their love, concern, and support of the mission of Lifeway Christian Resources.
The purpose of this retiree spotlight is to identify selected retirees of five years or more who remain actively involved in life activities with family, church, community, travel, support for Lifeway and its mission and who demonstrate an encouraging manner to those around them in their daily walks. Frequency of nominations will determine the number of spotlights during a year.
Selection Criteria for Nominees (Leadership Team not eligible)
1. Retiree of five years or more.
2. Active volunteer in community service.
3. Active member of a local congregation, including ministry and/or missions.
4. Demonstrates encouraging manner towards others.
5. Supports Lifeway mission.
6. Participating member of Lifeway Retiree Fellowship (LRF).
7. Cares about and supports family.
Process of Selection and Publication of Retiree Spotlight
1. LRF members nominate LRF retirees based on the published selection criteria on the LRF website Membership tab by submitting the Nomination Form.
2. The LRF Executive Committee receives nominations and determines who will be featured on the Retiree Spotlight.
3. The selected retiree will be emailed a questionnaire by Event Associate with a deadline to return the completed questionnaire to him.
4. Event Associate will write the article based on completed questionnaire.
5. Event Associate shares first draft with selected members of the LRF Executive Committee for proofing.
6. Event Associate emails second draft/final and photo to the LRF Executive Committee for final review/consideration. With final review and approval of majority of the LRF Executive Committee, the LRF Email Associate sends a photo and the article to the LRF Website Associate who includes the Spotlight in the next LRF email.
7. The LRF Website Associate places the photo/article on the website.