Spring 2022 Lifeway Retiree Fellowship
Linda Lawson Still
A Life of Service to Others
Linda began her career with Baptist Sunday School Board on April 1, 1970 as an editor in the Sunday School Department. In five years, she moved to the Office of Communications where she served for 25 years until retirement on February 1, 2002
Active in community service found Linda on the Board for the Maryland Farms YMCA, member of the Tennessee Baptist Executive Board (2008-2014) and supporting American Red Cross blood drives.
Linda and her husband, Pat, are committed to serving others. They helped start Clearview Baptist Church, Franklin (1980s) where she teaches a Bible study class since early 1990s, serves on the Personnel Team, and participates on several mission trips. Linda and Pat supported a Russian translator, Maria Peek, come to the United States and attend graduate school. Maria has graduated and married. Now, she is like family to Linda and Pat.
Linda spends her time now as the primary caregiver to her husband who has developed a form of dementia.
Surely, Linda has a life of encouraging and serving others. Well done, faithful servant.
“I try to make encouraging others a priority. I can’t vouch for my effectiveness. Perhaps others can.”
– Linda Lawson Still
The purpose of this organization shall be to provide regular opportunities for fellowship among the membership; to encourage members to continue to be creative, productive, useful, and caring in their families, community, church, and denomination; and to keep alive their love, concern, and support of the mission of Lifeway Christian Resources.
The purpose of this retiree spotlight is to identify selected retirees of five years or more who remain actively involved in life activities with family, church, community, travel, support for Lifeway and its mission and who demonstrate an encouraging manner to those around them in their daily walks. Frequency of nominations will determine the number of spotlights during a year.
Selection Criteria for Nominees (Leadership Team not eligible)
1. Retiree of five years or more.
2. Active volunteer in community service.
3. Active member of a local congregation, including ministry and/or missions.
4. Demonstrates encouraging manner towards others.
5. Supports Lifeway mission.
6. Participating member of Lifeway Retiree Fellowship (LRF).
7. Cares about and supports family.
Process of Selection and Publication of Retiree Spotlight
1. LRF members nominate LRF retirees based on the published selection criteria on the LRF website Membership tab by submitting the Nomination Form.
2. The LRF Executive Committee receives nominations and determines who will be featured on the Retiree Spotlight.
3. The selected retiree will be emailed a questionnaire by Event Associate with a deadline to return the completed questionnaire to him.
4. Event Associate will write the article based on completed questionnaire.
5. Event Associate shares first draft with selected members of the LRF Executive Committee for proofing.
6. Event Associate emails second draft/final and photo to the LRF Executive Committee for final review/consideration. With final review and approval of majority of the LRF Executive Committee, the LRF Email Associate sends a photo and the article to the LRF Website Associate who includes the Spotlight in the next LRF email.
7. The LRF Website Associate places the photo/article on the website.